Dating 101: Top 5 Dating Tips For Men Over 40. Duet Right!
This week’s dos and don’ts of dating include feedback from my own and friend’s dating experiences.
- Do ask her if it’s okay to order for her! Some ladies love this kind of chivalry, but others will find it chauvinistic. If you read her profile and chatted a bit before the date, you might already know if you’re on the same page with this. If not, and if it’s a big deal(breaker), then filter better next time. Either way, make sure you ask her if she has any food preferences or allergies. No one likes a first date in the ER.
- Don’t expect a kiss on the first date. Even if she likes you, it’s not mandatory protocol to pucker up. If you’re unsure, ask!
- Do give her a warm hug after a first date if you liked her. No teepee hugs. No granny pats. Make it quick if you’re not interested in her romantically; linger a bit if you’re hoping for more. A chaste kiss on the cheek is fine if it’s not obvious she wants to swap spit. Hah! Trick answer there: don’t swap spit even if you kiss. You may get lip-lock and spit-swap on Date #2.
- Don’t lead her on if you don’t have a romantic interest or attraction to her! Bad dog.
- Do text her that night after the first date if you’re interested in seeing her again! You don’t need to make plans right away—give her some breathing room and always leave them wanting more—but do write something like: I had a really great time with you tonight. I’d like to see you again. xo 🙂 This way, you’ll find out if she feels the same. If she was overly polite during the date, she might feel more at ease letting you down via text. Next!
Dating 101: Dating Tips For Men Over 40 is from my own in-the-field dating with “real” men experiences and recent feedback from random women I impulsively interview. If you have a dating or relationship question, please send me an email or ask in the comments below. Remember, I’m not a shrink. I’m a single, dating chick—master dater! Even better. xo Wingmam p.s. Help me help others…spread the word! If you feel so inclined, please share. XO p.p.s. If you want to hire me (subliminal: you do!) go to men-u for services/prices.