Rejection Proof Your Psyche
You may not correlate this seemingly strange way to reject proof your psyche but I assure you it’ll make sense shortly.
What’s the way?
I told you it was weird!
Seriously, though, I literally woke up this morning feeling tired and this is what triggered me to think of you.
Don’t take that the wrong way. 😉
I’ve had a lot of sleep problems because of a lot of health problems over the years, so I speak from experience.
Here’s my line of thought…
- I wake up tired.
- Tired makes me unmotivated.
- Unmotivated makes me lazy.
- Lazy makes me fat.
- Fat makes me feel crappy about myself.
- Feeling crappy about myself makes me sensitive to criticism and life’s woes.
- Being overly sensitive makes me give up more easily.
- Giving up more easily creates undesired results for __ (anything I want)
- Undesired results make me feel crappy about myself…return to #6
Do you see where this is going?
Sleep is so darn important!
Here’s how lack of quality sleep affects your life similarly…
- You wake up tired.
- Tired makes you unmotivated.
- Unmotivated makes you __ (fill in the blank): unproductive / lazy / cranky / disheartened / depressed etc
- Any of these things make you feel crappy about yourself.
- Crappy makes you feel sensitive.
- Sensitive makes you give up.
- Giving up makes you fail.
- Rinse and repeat cycle.
So, yeah, the way to rejection proof your psyche is to get adequate good sleep.
Let’s look at some solutions.
How to Get Good Sleep to Rejection Proof Your Psyche
- Only watch the news or other stressful media early in the day
- Get bright light — preferably outside daylight — early in the day
- Eat healthier: more whole real foods; less processed/packaged foods
- Avoid eating within 3-4 hours of bedtime
- Exercise daily: avoid high intensity training close to bedtime
- Turn off all electronic gadgets 1-2 hours before your desired sleep time
- Avoid drinking a lot of fluids 1-2 hours before bed
- Don’t consume caffeine if sensitive to it
- Avoid alcohol in the evenings (studies show it prevents deep sleep – who knew?!)
- Use blue light reducing screen filters on your computer (Get a free month with the one I use here.)
- Reduce bright lights in the evening
- Remove electronic gadgets that emit light (cell, clock, tv) from your bedroom or sleep with an eye mask
- Have a night time routine that winds down not up (think calm tunes not work mode)
- Meditate regularly especially before bedtime
- Set / reduce the room temperature in your bedroom
- Make one last trip to the bathroom before sleeping
- Try to make the last thing you think of before falling asleep something pleasant
The more of these suggestions you integrate the better sleep you’ll get.
The Bonus Round
If these suggestions don’t work, ask your naturopathic doctor and/or regular doctor to check into:
- Adrenal fatigue
- Hormone changes
- Sleep apnea
You’ll rejection proof your psyche to women, work, or whatever life tests you with.
Note to self: knock off researching coronavirus stuff at night! Ok ok.
Remember to check into Iris, the blue light blocking app for your computer!
Also, I now accept PayPal for all my programs!
Here’s a video that’ll give you some other ideas to rejection proof your psyche as well:
And, why not, a playlist on handling rejection better:
How to Get over Approach Anxiety & Fear of Rejection (Dating Advice for Shy Guys)
Handling Rejection When She Doesn't Text Back (Dating Advice for Nice Guys)
Why is heartbreak so painful? Why is rejection painful? (Dating Advice)
How to Get Over Fear of Rejection (Dating Advice for Shy Guys & Introverts 2020)
How to Get Over The Fear of Rejection (Dating Advice for Shy Guys 2020)
how to deal with rejection from women #JustTheTip
3 Ways to Rebuild Confidence After Heartbreak (Dating Advice for Men)
Lost Love! The One That Got Away 😭 (Heartbreak 2020)