The Pros and Cons of Matchmaker vs Dating Coach
For a lot of people—myself included—2016 was a series of shitty challenges. I ain’t gonna lie; it was tough at times. But this next year can be better, and if finding love is on your bucket list, then you’ve probably considered hiring a matchmaker or dating coach.
From personal experience and feedback from clients, here’s what I’ve discovered about matchmakers and dating coaches when it comes to finding lasting love …
The Pros of Hiring a Matchmaker vs Dating Coach
- A matchmaker has a list of ready, willing and love-able single people looking for love.
- A matchmaker will do all the work for you to find a right match for you. (At least right on paper.)
- A matchmaker will take you on “as is where is” so you don’t have to make any major changes to yourself or your life.
The Cons of Hiring a Matchmaker vs Dating Coach
- A matchmaker has a list of ready, willing and love-able single people looking for love who may be just as relationship inept as you.
- A matchmaker might find someone who checks off your list of “must-haves,” but if there’s no one on the list that matches, you may get the “left-overs” who never meet anyone’s list.
- A matchmaker may suggest “lipstick changes”—a new hair cut or outfit—but even if you’re matched with someone who gets you hot and bothered under that new collared shirt, if you’re not the best version of you, that great potential match might not stick around. #ouch
The Cons of Hiring a Coach vs a Matchmaker
- A dating coach may have a list of ready, willing and love-able single people looking for love, but she’s sure as shit not going to set up someone who will make her look bad, because that someone has shit they need to fix in their life before they’re “market ready.”
- A dating coach won’t do any of the work for you to find your mate.
- A dating coach will take you on “as is where is,” but only because you’re interested in doing the work to become your best self.
The Pros of Hiring a Coach vs a Matchmaker
- A dating coach who’s worked with you intimately enough to know you’re worth recommending will set you up if he/she knows someone who’s a right fit.
- A dating coach will give you the exact steps to fix your damn self—hint: there’s nothing wrong with you, but you’re still dating all wrong—so that you can be a “keeper,” not just a “meet ‘er.”
- A dating coach will take you on “as is where is” because that’s where we all start the journey to betterment.
When to Hire a Matchmaker vs a Dating Coach—all of the following!
- When you’ve got your shit together in all areas of your life (except love).
- When you don’t have the time or desire to do the work to find love.
- When you don’t want to change and are willing to accept what that attracts.
When to Hire a Dating Coach vs a Matchmaker—any of the following!
- When you know you don’t have your shit together in all areas of your life.
- When you are ready to commit the time to do the work—on yourself—to find love.
- When you are ready and willing to change so that you can attract the kind of mate your future better self can keep.
Matchmaker or Dating Coach Takeaways
- If you haven’t succeeded in finding love on your own, it may be time to hire a matchmaker or dating coach.
- Both matchmakers and dating coaches have benefits!
- If you’ve got the dough-ray-me ($)—hire both.
If you’re looking for a matchmaker Vancouver, I can let you know who I recommend and who I’ve heard (love and) war stories about.
If you’re looking for a Vancouver dating coach—or a remote location dating coach or other major city, I can make a recommendation if I know of someone in your area.
Wait, aren’t you a dating coach and matchmaker, Anna?
Yes, but I only work one-on-one with folks who’ve been through my WakeUP2Luv study-in-my-PJs program because those are the folks who are committed to do the work to make the changes to get what they want.
#JustTheTip Subscriber News:
As an extra, some Saturdays I’ll post guest blogs from other dating coaches!
Why would you do that, Anna?
Because there’s always another angle and perspective, and I want you to have every tool possible to help you find, attract and keep lasting love. That’s just the kind of girl I am. You’re welcome. 😉
Also, for subscribers only, I’ll be sending out a monthly AJ TMI Tip from my personal life about dating, love and relationships—if you want the seriously unfiltered AJ, subscribe to #JustTheTip.
Have you worked with a dating coach or matchmaker? Tell us about your experience―comment!