Why Do Guys Cancel Dates?
One of my most popular videos for women on my YouTube Channel is about what to do when he cancels last minute. (See below.)
Women all over the world are wondering why guys cancel dates at the last minute and what to do about it.
Just to interject for a moment with a seemingly off track topic… I wrote an article entitled “The Radical Hustling Technique to Get Babes” for a local Vancouver rag (that be slang for: magazine). The article was directed to single men and single women.
Wanna know what the technique is?
Pretty simple, huh?
But here’s the catch: radical honesty only works in our favour if it is accompanied with radical compassion.
In other words, ladies, we need to maintain our high standards while not getting all bent out of shape bitchy about it.
Which bring us to …
What to do When He Cancels Last Minute
Let’s break it down into bite-sized bits.
- I repeat: Don’t get into your best yoga pose when he cancels a date at the last minute. Why give anyone that kind of power over you when you don’t even really know them? <—Rhetorical.
- Always have a Plan B in case a guy does cancel. This isn’t planning to fail. Nope, it’s not relying on the date to have a great Friday night. Or whichever night. Hint: Having a backup plan also trickles over into the date because you won’t act overly anxious and keen with him. If he doesn’t cancel, you may even have a way to work your Plan B into the convo with him, like when he says, “Wow! You look amazing.” Then you could say with a wink, “Well, I had a backup plan in case you were ugly.” (Obvi, you don’t want to say this if you think he’s ugly.)
- Let him know you just spent X hours getting ready for the date he just canceled, but let him know in a playful, Goddess-y way. Example: “You know women take WAY longer to get ready than men do. You’re lucky I have a backup plan and am going out looking a-mazing! ;)”
- If he hasn’t told you why he’s canceling, it’s abso-f’in-lutely OK to ask him why! Reminder: Goddess. “Ok, Sexy, you’re off the hook this time, but fair is fair, what’s up? Are you in the hospital? Jail? Do you need me to bring you a care package?? ;)”
- If any of his replies (or lack thereof) tell you that he’s not a keeper, ditch him and follow through with Plan B. Be glad that you didn’t waste your pretty little ass on a pathetic little asshole.
Watch for signs that indicate he:
- ain’t interested in you
- ain’t sure about you
- is a flake, fake, or fibber
- is not trying his best to figure out how to make it up to you a-sap
Why Do Guys Cancel Last Minute?
- He’s in the hospital, jail, or dead. Seriously. Sometimes serious shit does come up.
- Upon further reflection, he realizes he’s just not that into you. He’s a dick for canceling last minute, so be thankful you’re not wasting time on a dick: his.
- The girl he’s really interested in finally gave him the green light. Hey, come on, what would you do in that case? I’ll tell you right now that if I had a first date lined up, but then Gerard Butler said, “Hey, Anna, wanna get together?” I’d be on him like white on rice and ditching the fellow who brushed his hair real nice for me. Now, not every guy is waiting for his Jessica Alba, but there might be a gal he has been waiting for. If you’ve ever pined for a particular person, have some compassion. And, again, be happy you’re not going out with a guy who you’ll always feel second best with.
- He’s not ready to date. Maybe he just got out of a relationship. Maybe he’s still in one! Whatever. Next.
- You were way too fricken anxious, excited, needy, and wordy and scared the poor fellow away before he could even give you a chance. (And vice versa: you give him a chance.) Unless a guy is desperate and needy — do you really want that?? — then you gotta know that guys move slower than women at the beginning of new relationships. If you’re too anxious already, he automatically feels like the pace will be too fast for him. Sloooooow down. What’s the rush if it’s right? Even if you want kids and a white picket fence, like, yesterday, you’ll get there much faster by reeling him in slowly.
So, did that mostly answer your questions about what to do when a guy cancels last minute and why do guys cancel last minute?
If not, make a comment and I’ll try to answer it!
p.s. Wanna know how to get the guy you really want without playing silly games and never get canceled on again? Check out my GET A BOYFRIEND program. Guaranteed or your money back.